By the Indian Ocean experts at dnata Travel…
1. Live your dream castaway experience. Swaying palm trees, azure waters and pristine white sands, the Maldives is the very definition of a tropical paradise.
2. Experience luxury on another level. Maldivian resorts, and their famous overwater villas, are in a league of their own. Private pools, award-winning restaurants, and retractable roofs for stargazing are just a few of the stand-out features.
3. The scenery is breathtaking. If you’re travelling by seaplane, you’ll fly low enough to take in every inch of the landscape – you may even see dolphins in the ocean.
4. Adventure is never far away. While it is a very romantic setting and a coveted place to unwind, in recent years Maldives has emerged as a haven for adventure seekers. An epic selection of watersports await, and the conditions are ideal for surfing.
5. Discover a vibrant underwater world. Home to clear waters brimming with colourful coral and marine life, dive enthusiasts are in their element here. The Maldives is also home to the world’s first underwater spa, hotel suites, and nightclub.
Maldives is served by a number of GCC-based airlines, including Emirates, Etihad Airways and flydubai. Flights arrive into Malé International Airport, and the onward journey to your desired resort depends on how far away it is. Some are close enough to zip to on a speedboat, while others will organise a seaplane for a seamless connection to your destination.
The weather forecast
The equatorial climate features two main seasons, with sunshine assured in both. From November to April the weather is fairly dry, whereas May to October
brings with it the occasional brief rain shower, after which the sun will reappear to dry things up. Daytime temperatures hover around 30°C and dip to the mid-20s at night.
Inspired to go to the Indian Ocean? Click here for the latest offers.