Travel writer and photographer Michelle Karam, founder of Travel Junkie Diary, shares her best adventures (traveljunkiediary.com, @traveljunkiediary)
1. Maldives moments. One of the most beautiful Maldivian island resorts I’ve visited is Joali on Muravandhoo Island in the Raa Atoll, 45 minutes by seaplane from Male. It embraces creativity, with a fantastic collection of art and sculptural pieces to discover.
2. Ocean views in Madeira. I spent a week in Madeira with my family exploring the mountains, the ocean, the cuisine and the wonderful history that the region has to offer. This picture was taken at Belmond Reid’s Palace, which is perched atop a cliff and has a view to take your breath away.
3. Finding the magic in Finland. You can fall in love with a place because of how it makes you feel, and Finland is where I found nature in the most magical way: sleeping in an aurora cabin under the stars and waking up to the sound of snow falling onto the rooftop.
4. Desert dreams. The UAE desert comes alive at sunrise and is one of the most beautiful places to photograph. I strongly advise you wake up early to experience the majesty of the dunes.
5. Family time in Lisbon. Lisbon is one of my favourite European cities. I spent two weeks there with my family, staying at Avani Avenida Liberdade. My daughter and I were going to spend the day beside the pool but it started raining without warning. As we began to laugh, my husband took this picture.
6. Home to Lebanon. A misunderstood country filled with nature, lakes, beaches, history, mountains and great food, Lebanon will always be my home. Seeing the Faqra Roman ruins is a must, as learning about the area’s rich history and culture is all part of the journey.